Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dora Dora is offline

Default Ping: Wayne

Giusi wrote:

> I talked to my kid in Bethesda yesterday and she told me she hadn't
> turned her AC on at all. She's a toughie, that one.
> We both say that this summer is unlike any previous summer we've
> known. In Italy we have had humidity and clouds and even rain
> during
> months when one usually sees none of those. This morning I have
> fog,
> which I usually see in October. (In the Alpine part of ITaly
> probably all of this doesn't apply) We sit around and wonder if our
> summer is merely late or if it just isn't coming this year, and
> whether the wine will be any good or not. I remember living near the
> Chesapeake and having a boat. An August
> Sunday might be spent there with the bonus of some crabbing on the
> pier and then eating said crabs on newspapers in the back garden.
> Dripping wet, hot and very happy.

That's really strange - you are having the same weird summer that we
are. Summer finally arrived yesterday - typical 90+ degree heat plus
humidity. Today I'm told it's supposed to go over 100. Not my
weather - I wilt.
Yes, we were boaters for over 30 years, lived near the Chesapeake,
loved the lifestyle and I really miss my old life.
C'est la vie. I'll keep my eye on Bethesda for you!