Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Ping: Wayne

"Dora" ha scritto nel messaggio
> Cheryl wrote:

>>> We've been having a summer in Maryland that I haven't seen in all my>>>
>>> years in the US. I know you can relate to how humid it usually is>>>
>>> here, Giusi, but it was in the seventies with low humidity until >>> the
>>> last week of July, when it warmed up to the eighties. Yesterday it>>>
>>> was in the seventies again. Today the humidity is still low and is>>>
>>> 80 degrees at 4 p.m. US time. For the first time this summer, it's>>>
>>> supposed to be in the nineties early next week then drop back into
>>> the eighties. Unbelievable. I'll take every minute of it.

>> I bet you're changing your tune today, Dora! LOL
>>
>> Cheryl, another Marylander

> Nope! I'm holed up inside in the a/c!! <BG>

I talked to my kid in Bethesda yesterday and she told me she hadn't turned
her AC on at all. She's a toughie, that one.
We both say that this summer is unlike any previous summer we've known. In
Italy we have had humidity and clouds and even rain during months when one
usually sees none of those. This morning I have fog, which I usually see in
October. (In the Alpine part of ITaly probably all of this doesn't apply)
We sit around and wonder if our summer is merely late or if it just isn't
coming this year, and whether the wine will be any good or not.
I remember living near the Chesapeake and having a boat. An August Sunday
might be spent there with the bonus of some crabbing on the pier and then
eating said crabs on newspapers in the back garden. Dripping wet, hot and
very happy.