Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Ping: Wayne

"Cindy Fuller"
> OB Food: It was my turn to "cook" that night, so I made a mango-shrimp >
> salad. Other than steaming some shrimp, I did not use the stove. There
> was no strict recipe, just tossing some shrimp, mango, scallions, red >
> bell pepper (IIRC), and basil from the garden together.
>
> Cindy

We had 104°F for almost a month three years ago and nowhere has AC except
some public places. By law the interior temperature can be only 7° C below
the outside, so AC isn't that impressive even in the theater!
We cooked at 5 or 6 AM and ate everything chilled or room temp when mealtime
rolled around. People set up camp beds in the basements, but we all moaned
a bit about the nights. Fortunately in the country the night eventually
does cool by 2 AM and doesn't reheat for at least 6 hours.

This summer I haven't even used a fan yet. It's been into the 90s but I
shut the shutters on the sunny side and with the thick walls it stays
bearable at minimum.