Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Wayne

On Fri 07 Aug 2009 09:19:53p, sf told us...

> My son had to go to Phoenix on business (just got back).... it was
> 106° outside there! OMG.
>
> How often does your local news do a "cooking" segment about frying an
> egg on the sidewalk during the summer?

LOL! 106° cam sometimes seem a relief. For the past two weeks most daily
high temps were between 111° and 114°.

Actually within the last couple of years there was some news item about
frying an egg on the sidewalk. It actually doesn't really work that way.
However, if you leave a cast iron skillet out on the pavement for a few
hours, you can definitely cook an egg in it. If the egg is directly on the
pavement it just gradually dries up, but doesn't really cook.

--
Wayne Boatwright
I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.'