Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Steam juicers

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:50:35 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> zxcvbob > wrote:
>> I don't call the little dab extra "quality control", I just call it
>> "cook's treat" :-)
>>
>> Bob

>I'm sticking to cheesecloth. That jelly bag is a flippin' nightmare.
>
>I haven't used my Mehu-Liisa yet. Gotta find some dolgos. They're an
>early apple and the fair is as late this year as it can ever be. I need
>to check my freezer stock, too. I might have some in there. I'm sure I
>have plum juice wazoo,

Barb,

I hope the Dolgo crop is better in your area than it will be here this
year. We have three trees that normally give us at least ten times
more than we could ever use but, this year will be a bust. Late frost
at blossom time and then a crappy, cool, wet summer so far. We also
try to be as organic as possible and don't spray so the whole
combination means few apples, mostly very small, deformed and with
quite a bit of mildew/rust. Good only for compost.
It's a good thing we made lots of jelly last year.

Ross.