Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Steam juicers

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:55:33 -0500, George Shirley

>> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:17:00 -0500, George Shirley
>> > wrote:
>>
>> Snipped everything to make way for a question or two.
>>
>> Is your kitchen stove gas?
>> If so, and you decide to get a steam juicer, can I email you a picture
>> of a little accessory I made for the Liisa that's simplicity itself to
>> make but it could avoid your having the one mishap we had.
>>
>> Ross.

>Yes, and yes. I've not had any accidents on the gas stove so far but it
>always helps to learn from others misfortune.

OK, for both George and Bob.
http://tinypic.com/r/54fuk8/3
It's just a heat shield.
I started with a piece of thin gauge aluminum about 5 inches long by 2
inches wide. Cut a notch out of one end and then bent the resulting
tabs over to fit the water pan where the juice outlet fits.
I probably had the heat set a bit high but, I made this after the heat
coming up the side of the water pan melted through the juice hose.
Not too big a mess, hadn't been running long enough to have a couple
of quarts in there.
BTW, I replaced the thin hose that came with the unit with much
heavier hose meant for carrying milk from a milking machine to the
pipeline system.

Ross.