Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Pulling, pork butt -vs- picnic

Theron wrote:
> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> On Jul 29, 11:46 pm, "Theron" > wrote:
>
>> When the butt hits 175-80F or so have you ever wrapped the butt in
>> foil and
>> then continued to 190-95F. I do this with ribs now and then. I've
>> thought of the same with butt or shoulder.

> Why would anyone do this? What's the point?
>>

> To keep the meat from drying out.

Huh? A butt or shoulder would have to be cooked to near oblivion to make it
dry out. And while foil may trap the moisture that has escaped from meat
that is cooking, it will not keep moisture from escaping from the meat. The
foil will capture the escaped juices which will allow the meat to steam..

--
Dave