occupant

Default what is the secret ingredient for chinese fried rice?

RLK wrote:
> > Anyone know the ingredient for the very unique taste/aroma for the
> > chinese fried rice that you eat at the chinese restaurant?
> > I've tried the sesamie oil but it does not taste like it.

> It's either ground white pepper but mainly the taste comes from a
> well-seasoned carbon steel wok. The term is "wok hei" -- I believe it
> translates to "breath of the wok". Never scour a wok till it gleams. > Let it season over time to a dark nonstick patina.

Absolutely, a seasoned wok, that along with a little ginger, garlic,
onion, shrimp, if you will, scrambled egg, if you will, soy sauce, sugar
and, of course, rice. I use a little black forest ham. Or you may also
add bbq pork. A handful of frozen peas is good, too. Perfect
everytime, morning, noon, or night. High heat tossing the mixture
against the wall of the hot wok constantly. Then serve and devour with
chopssticks.