Posted to rec.food.cooking
jt august[_3_] jt august[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Ever have the taste of beer change?

In article >,
"George Leppla" > wrote:

> I lost my taste for beer years ago. There was a time when I drank a LOT of
> beer, then the pendulum went the other way and I went for over 5 years
> without drinking anything at all. After that, when I did try a beer, it
> tasted like crap. Every once in a while I'll be in a restaurant (especially
> a micro-brew place) and decide to try a taste... and the results are the
> same. It all tastes bad.

Garrison Keillor did a monologue on this many, many moons ago. He was
talking about how when he was young, he hated beer. It tasted awful. I
tasted like someone had died in it. He also thought when he was young
that he would never leave Minnesota. He thought that leaving Minnesota
would be a form of killing himself. Then one day, when he had grown up,
he had a beer and decided to leave Minnesota.

jt