Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default Newbe question regarding beef

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:03:45 -0700, sf > fired up
random neurons and synapses to opine:

>On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:37:49 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:
>
>>Not interesting, but very nice if you like rare beef. A 1-3/4" thick
>>sirloin is right up my alley. I'd put it on the grill over wood, or
>>charcoal/wood.

>Sirloin was my father's favorite piece of mean and he liked his rare.
>He used to say "They're chewy, but they're full of flavor".

The dear aulde dad used to *love* t-bones. He and the DH once got into
a protracted debate on the merits of t-bones versus the DH's favorite,
bone-in rib eye (sorry, Dad, the DH wins this one). 'Course, the dear
aulde dad nearly caused an international riot when we were in Paris
when I was a kid and he kept sending his steak back to the kitchen to
be cooked some more - he always chose #4 on the list of doneness
choices: rare, medium, well and carbon. The waiter finally informed
him that the chef refused to cook it further. I was 16, therefore
embarrassed to tears ;-)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.