Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default Nice surprise

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Jun wanted to take me out for Italian food. I suggested ordering pizza
> instead. Then I checked my BG 116. Too late! Nice crisp thin crust, with
> pizza sauce, mozzarella, peperoni, black olives, peperoncini and grated
> parmesan. One wonderful slice. I knew this was gonna spike me, so Jun had
> me take six fatalajon (Thai herb) for dessert. One hour PP 113! Maybe I'll
> have another slice later. ;-)

Uh, Nick.... The "pizza effect" wasn't named that by accident. It is so
named because it's pizza that is one of the most common triggers for it.
One hour PP thus would not be reliable for a picture of the true effect
of a slice.

PP