Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nice surprise

Jun wanted to take me out for Italian food. I suggested ordering pizza
instead. Then I checked my BG 116. Too late! Nice crisp thin crust, with
pizza sauce, mozzarella, peperoni, black olives, peperoncini and grated
parmesan. One wonderful slice. I knew this was gonna spike me, so Jun had
me take six fatalajon (Thai herb) for dessert. One hour PP 113! Maybe I'll
have another slice later. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Jun wanted to take me out for Italian food. I suggested ordering pizza
> instead. Then I checked my BG 116. Too late! Nice crisp thin crust, with
> pizza sauce, mozzarella, peperoni, black olives, peperoncini and grated
> parmesan. One wonderful slice. I knew this was gonna spike me, so Jun had
> me take six fatalajon (Thai herb) for dessert. One hour PP 113! Maybe I'll
> have another slice later. ;-)

Uh, Nick.... The "pizza effect" wasn't named that by accident. It is so
named because it's pizza that is one of the most common triggers for it.
One hour PP thus would not be reliable for a picture of the true effect
of a slice.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> > Jun wanted to take me out for Italian food. I suggested ordering pizza
> > instead. Then I checked my BG 116. Too late! Nice crisp thin crust,
> > with pizza sauce, mozzarella, peperoni, black olives, peperoncini and
> > grated parmesan. One wonderful slice. I knew this was gonna spike me,
> > so Jun had me take six fatalajon (Thai herb) for dessert. One hour PP
> > 113! Maybe I'll have another slice later. ;-)

> Uh, Nick.... The "pizza effect" wasn't named that by accident. It is so
> named because it's pizza that is one of the most common triggers for it.
> One hour PP thus would not be reliable for a picture of the true effect
> of a slice.

I know, PP, but I forgot to do a two hour. Duh! ;-(

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> > Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >
> > > Jun wanted to take me out for Italian food. I suggested ordering pizza
> > > instead. Then I checked my BG 116. Too late! Nice crisp thin crust,
> > > with pizza sauce, mozzarella, peperoni, black olives, peperoncini and
> > > grated parmesan. One wonderful slice. I knew this was gonna spike me,
> > > so Jun had me take six fatalajon (Thai herb) for dessert. One hour PP
> > > 113! Maybe I'll have another slice later. ;-)

> > Uh, Nick.... The "pizza effect" wasn't named that by accident. It is so
> > named because it's pizza that is one of the most common triggers for it.
> > One hour PP thus would not be reliable for a picture of the true effect
> > of a slice.

> I know, PP, but I forgot to do a two hour. Duh! ;-(

Actually, with pizza effect, one might want to continue with 3, 4, and 5
hour pp.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Actually, with pizza effect, one might want to continue with 3, 4, and 5
> hour pp.

When my brain is working, I'll track it until it finally trends down. IIRC
one of them was four hours.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061