Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.sourdough,rec.food.cooking
Corey Richardson[_3_] Corey Richardson[_3_] is offline

Default New sourdough starter help?

I'm a learner when it comes to sourdough starters, but I'm currently
giving it a try and would appreciate your help and suggestions.

I started this with ordinary white flour (I now know that was wrong)
and it's around 2 weeks old now. It smells very beer or wine like, has
a browny coloured 'hooch' and has signs of life. The problem is that
when I feed it, it doesn't double in volume and just continues gently
bubbling.

Do you think my starter is too thin, or just still immature?

Many thanks for your help.

--
Corey Richardson