Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline[_7_] Pennyaline[_7_] is offline

Default Where is Orange Julius?!!

Andy wrote:
> Where is Orange Julius?!!

<snip>

> Anyway... the conversation went like this:
>
> "Where are you located in the mall?"
>
> "We're directly across from us there's a 'New York Boutique'."
>
> What the heck? I almost asked him where that was located.
>
> "Is it close to the Sears end or the Boscovs end of the mall?"
>
> "Uhm, hold on..." long wait, "it's by the Sears."
>
> "OK, on the first or second floor?"
>
> "Uhm... ...first floor?!"
>
> "Thanks." <CLICK>
>

> After that, my interest in an Orange Julius jumped out the window. I
> should've followed it out of disbelief! I came to my rescue by reminding
> myself that I didn't really like Orange Julius.
>
> Trying to figure out the kids ineptness, I pictured some poor alien from
> outer space had just been transported into the store by mistake next to the
> phone just as it was ringing and it was really trying to be helpful. I
> hoped he scurried off unnoticed to do something useful, like taking over
> the planet!!!

You asked the kid where the Orange Julius store is. The kid told you
what store they are across from, to help you locate it. Because YOU
didn't know where THAT was, you asked him if it's near Sears or Boscovs.
He told you it's by Sears. You asked if it's the first or second floor.
He told you it's the first floor. Then you remembered that you don't
like Orange Julius. Ergo, the kid is inept.

Please explain how you came to that conclusion.