Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. is offline

Default Where is Orange Julius?!!

Merryb wrote:
> On Jun 30, 10:30*am, Andy > wrote:
>
>>Where is Orange Julius?!!
>>
>>After some talk of chocolate limeaid and orangeaid in the "What does Summer
>>taste like" thread, I began thinking about what would I drink that I
>>wouldn't make at home? And then it hit me...
>>
>>Orange Julius
>>
>>I didn't remember liking it somehow but earlier today it sounded more
>>appealing than water. So, I visit their website and check locations and
>>there's one at the mall not two miles away.
>>
>>I rang them up and finally a kid answers "Orange Julius/Dairy Queen". ???
>>
>>Anyway... the conversation went like this:
>>
>>"Where are you located in the mall?"
>>
>>"We're directly across from us there's a 'New York Boutique'."
>>
>>What the heck? I almost asked him where that was located.
>>
>>"Is it close to the Sears end or the Boscovs end of the mall?"
>>
>>"Uhm, hold on..." long wait, "it's by the Sears."
>>
>>"OK, on the first or second floor?"
>>
>>"Uhm... ...first floor?!"
>>
>>"Thanks." <CLICK>
>>
>>After that, my interest in an Orange Julius jumped out the window. I
>>should've followed it out of disbelief! I came to my rescue by reminding
>>myself that I didn't really like Orange Julius.
>>
>>Trying to figure out the kids ineptness, I pictured some poor alien from
>>outer space had just been transported into the store by mistake next to the
>>phone just as it was ringing and it was really trying to be helpful. I
>>hoped he scurried off unnoticed to do something useful, like taking over
>>the planet!!!
>>
>>Andy

> Here ya go- the recipe I use calls for a quarter cup of sugar...
> 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
> 1 cup milk
> 1 cup water
> 1/2 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. vanilla extract
> 8-9 ice cubes
>
> 1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
> 2. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, adding ice cubes one at a time.

Originally it contained raw egg and was a variation on a shandygaff,
waldorf flip or the old English "fool". All of which originally
contained various quantities of wine, brandy, ginger beer and/or champagne.
--
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!