MB

Default White Soy Sauce????

> From: (Gina *)
> Subject: White Soy Sauce????
>
> I have a recipe calling for "white soy sauce." Is there another name
> for this? A misprint?? Inquiring minds, etc., etc. TIA
>
> ~~~Gina~~~

I do not know if there is such soy sauce(white soy sauce) in any other
countries in Asia, but at least there is one in Japan.
It is called "Shiro Shouyu" in Japanese.
For many dishes which do not want any darkening colour added to, this white
soy sauce would be used.
I would say that this sauce has got beautiful amber colour and
tastes sweet as the ratio of soy beans and wheat is 1 : 9 to brew.
I have a jar of in white soy sauce pickled garlic cloves. This is a great
accompaniment for freshly steamed rice. Oh my, I can eat 5 bowls of rice
with this!!!
MB