Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default My tomato plant has two little tomatoes already!

On Jun 16, 6:14*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > I am so excited!

> > :-)

> Protect it from birds and squirrels! <g>
>
> Congrats.

I probably should. My father made silos out of chicken wire to put
over tomato plants when I was a kid, and we has more perfect tomatoes
than we knew what to do with.

> > Just made another batch of my baked beans too! Sorry, no exact recipe,
> > just wing it by rinsing and soaking overnight 3.5 bags of black beans,
> > chick peas, and kidney beans, then cooking for an hour or so in water,
> > throw out the cook water and add water to cover beans, 4 or 5 bouillon
> > cubes, 12oz of tomato paste, some brown sugar, cayenne, paprika,
> > molasses, bay leaves, and 2 huge chopped red onions and 5 or 6 garlics
> > sweated in 5 thick strips of bacon's grease, then the bacon too! YUM!

> > John Kuthe...

> Sounds interesting.

It's really good! I eat a bowl (cup or so) with either ham or sliced
up smoked sausage every AM for breakfast. Great fiber and protein, and
it tastes great!

John Kuthe...