Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default US steak houses, wet aging v. dry aging.

PeterL said...

> A show on last night (Travel Channel) about iconic steak house in America
> and which one wet ages and which one dry ages.
>
> After watching it, I think I prefer wet aging. It's actually what I do
> here at home, so I know it's 'ok'. The dry aging...... well, lets just

say
> it doesn't look nice :-)

The show is

"Food Paradise: Steak Paradise"
OR
"Food Paradise: Steak Paradise, Second Helping"

I've seen both. The programs are repeated once or twice a month.

If I could afford dry aged meat, that's all I'd eat.

It's nice to see the voted **** steakhouses showcased on the shows but, I
want to imagine that there must be one better than them all just down the
street home!

Meanwhile, I leave my steaks in the package in the fridge to up until the
green slime, then salt and pepper and grill rare.

The best!

Andy
--
"I only know what I read. NOT what I'm talking about!"
--Andy