Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_8_] Joseph Coulter[_8_] is offline

Default Wine storage

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:12:30 -0700, "Dead Dick" >
wrote:

>I don't buy too many expensive bottles of wine; I have a handful of $100+,
>but most of my wine (about 30 bottles) is $30-$50 per bottle. The remainder
>is under $30. My question is, what kind of wine storage would you suggest
>for this beginners' collection? Thanks in advance for any help.

The short answer is, it depends.

Where do you live, do you have basement with an unheated area that has
a steady temp? What are you plans for long term storage? (are those
$100 bottles for driniking in 20 years or when the occassion arises?)

If you have a place for storage in the house that is great. If you,
like me, live in a hot climate, Florida, even a small collection will
benefit from a cooler. What kind and size depends on your needs and
how large a collection you will have (it will grow to the limit of
your storage if you are like most people.)

Hope that helps a bit starts a dialogue.

Joseph Coulter
Joseph Couter cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com