Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Canadian treats that I loved and grew up on . . .

John Kane wrote:
> On Jun 4, 12:54 pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> One of our sweet treats that I am surprised never seems to have caught
>> on in the US is butter tarts. And then there is Nanaimo bars. Like
>> butter tarts,one is not enough and two is one too many.

> I remember looking for a butter tart recipe in the Joy of Cooking and
> being rather surprised that there wasn't one.

I tried Nanaimo bars a few years ago and disliked them. I would probably
love butter tarts, but haven't ever tried one.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory