Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] comments@foodforu.ca is offline

Default Canadian treats that I loved and grew up on . . .

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:33:42 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Gloria replied:
>
>>> Butter Tart Pie
>>>
>>> 3 Eggs
>>> 3/4 c Brown sugar -- packed
>>> 3/4 c Corn syrup
>>> 3 tb Butter -- melted
>>> 4 ts Flour -- all purpose
>>> 1 1/2 ts Vanilla
>>> 1/4 ts salt
>>> 2 1/4 c Currants or raisins
>>> 1 Pie shell, 9", unbaked
>>>
>>> This version of butter tarts (a Canadian speciality) is easier to
>>> prepare than the traditional individual tarts. It is very rich and
>>> best served in small pieces. Source: Canadian Living Magazine

>> That sounds very,very similar to pecan pie with raisins instead of the
>> nuts.
>> If you like raisins (I don't), I'm sure it's a winner.

>How do you feel about dates? _Sunday Suppers at Lucques_ has a recipe for a
>date butter tart which sounds pretty good to me, although not very closely
>related to the recipe quoted above.
>
>Bob

I have one something like this in the database where I got this above
Bob, if I can find it I'll post it for you.