Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Canadian treats that I loved and grew up on . . .

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

> Canada - Our Good Neighbor to the North. Responsible for my diabetes,
> cholesterol level and dental problems. Gotta love 'em!
> Lynn in Fargo

The Red Rose brand tea they sell in Canada is far superior to the same
brand they sell here in the US. The Canadian brand is much stronger.
It's the only tea that I will consider putting milk in. Without milk it
jangles my teeth.

I am a huge fan of butter tarts. The plain ones not the wannabee pecan
pie ones. I also love a bag of Tim Bits from Tim Horton's but I
understand they have franchises in the US now.

The very first bison burger I ever had was at a truck stop on the way to
Banff. It was wonderful! They make awesome dry wines from berries in
Newfoundland, too, and while we are talking about wine, let's not forget
the Ice Wine from the Niagara area.

Toronto has an excellent China Town and we've eaten there several times
while visiting. Vancouver's China Town has the best dim sum in the
West---bar none!

The sourdough bread in Whitehorse is legendary as are the pancakes they
make up there with sourdough starter.

There is lots of good food in Canada, but the brown gravy on the French
fries is not my idea of cuisine or even acceptable food.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas