Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default More Sticker Shock

On Sat, 30 May 2009 08:12:56 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>
>> On May 29, 3:36*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>> wrote:

>>> But when the farmers put their land into corn instead of wheat because
>>> of the demand for ethanol, the wheat prices rise. *Increased flour
>>> prices have been killing small independent bakeries.

>> Maybe so but when someone is willing to pay big money for electronic
>> toys, spend a fortune going to the movies, high cable rates, etc,
>> etc....then they ought to be willing to pay 20 cents more for a
>> doughnut. Everything goes up.

> I don't necessarily disagree. I heard an bakery owner talking about a
> psychological set point that people have in their minds about how much a
> doughnut should cost. It was maybe 69 or 75 cents; more than that and
> they wouldn't buy. "A doughnut shouldn't cost more than 75 cents,
> fercripesake!" Logic doesn't necessarily play a key part. I think
> she's right.

i'm sure she is. i have a price point for several items. other items i
will bitch and moan and pay anyway.

your pal,
blake

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.