Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christopher Helms Christopher Helms is offline

Default More Sticker Shock

On May 29, 6:07*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On May 29, 3:36*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>
> > In article >,

> > *"<RJ>" > wrote:
> > > When did the 5lb sack of flour
> > > jump up to $3.29 ? * ( southern AZ )
> > > They can't say they're using it to make Ethanol....

> > But when the farmers put their land into corn instead of wheat because
> > of the demand for ethanol, the wheat prices rise. *Increased flour
> > prices have been killing small independent bakeries.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller-good news 4-6-2009
> > "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
> > -Philo of Alexandria

> Maybe so but when someone is willing to pay big money for electronic
> toys, spend a fortune going to the movies, high cable rates, etc,
> etc....then they ought to be willing to pay 20 cents more for a
> doughnut. Everything goes up.

It always amazes me how the same people who go crazy over a ten cent
increase in their ATM fee or a 25 cent increase in the price of gas
will flush twenty-five bucks down the toilet on Powerball tickets
(Odds of winning being something like 4,186,289,000 to 1), or pay
$2.99 a bottle for beer at a bar (That means the bar is charging
almost $72.00 a case for Budweiser that the bar buys in bulk
quantities) without batting an eye. People are funny sometimes.