Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mack A. Damia Mack A. Damia is offline

Default More Sticker Shock

On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:45:50 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On May 29, 2:32*pm, "<RJ>" > wrote:
>> When did the 5lb sack of flour
>> jump up to $3.29 ? * ( southern AZ )
>>
>> Seems like it's been a buck and change forever.
>> ( with holiday sales pegging at 99 cents a bag )
>>
>> They can't say they're using it to make Ethanol....
>>
>> ???
>>
>> Of course, a loaf of brand-name bread is $3+
>> When you couple that with the cost of beef,
>> maybe it's a government plan to put Americans on a diet...

>Here's a good article.
>http://www.channel3000.com/news/15455398/detail.html

coffee, sugar and beef jumped like that. We heard in the 70s that
food would become much more expensive (adjusting for inflation) over
the next thirty or more years.

I recall mentioning it to Harry at the Pied Piper who said, "Well,
people have to eat".

But at what cost?
--
mad