Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] pltrgyst@spamlessxhost.org is offline

Default Icing sugar shaker

On Fri, 29 May 2009 23:58:12 +1000, "Viviane" >
wrote:

>I'm looking for an airtight container to store icing sugar. I live in
>Sydney (Australia) and it gets humid here so if it's not airtight the sugar
>will form clumps. I'd also like it to have a mechanism in the lid that can
>be used to shake the icing sugar onto waffles etc. I haven't been able to
>find anything. Anyone have any ideas. I've tried department stores,
>catering shops etc but nothing. Surely such a thing exists?

I use this ordinary mesh shaker: http://tinyurl.com/lkrjr2

It's widely available at half the WS price.

I'm certain the plastic cover is air tight, but not certain about the stainless
steel lid itself. In any event, I've had zero clumping in Virginia, where it's
also pretty humid.

Will the old restaurant trick of putting a saltine in the container eliminate
the clumps?

-- Larry