Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sarah[_1_] Sarah[_1_] is offline

Default Induction hobs? Worth the extra money?

> wrote in message
On May 23, 12:25 pm, "Sarah" > wrote:

Sarah,

I have owned a induction Hob for approx. 2 years now. I must say,
it's been an experience. As a previous gas user but mostly electrical
(coils) it took some time to get use to it. Gas is a visual thing and
nice to see how high it is! If you can get over this; the Induction
is amazing. I personal like to cook high & fast (must be the Chinese
cook in me) and it work great for my style. That said, It took a
while to understand how versatile it can be; Very responsive and easy
to pick a setting which is suitable for any style of cooking (I can
melt chocolate without a double-boiler & water bath - if that the
correct term)

In addition, it will boil water in half the time of gas! (which you
need to watch as a first time owner - lol) and if you forget the water
is boiling and it runs dry, it will shut off. If you are deep frying;
same idea. You have to watch it because it's easy to over boil! The
saving grace, it won't ignite if it does.

As for costs, yeah, it's not cheap and buying new pots & pans can be
another cost you may not be prepared for. Personally, I said, bite-
the-bullet and enjoy cooking with control. You only live once and you
certainly will enjoy cooking for a long time.

My two-cents...Enjoy making your decision...

Robert

Thanks Robert,

I'm 99% sold on the idea of switching to induction. If I'm having a complete
new kitchen I may as well go the whole hog and have the latest technology!
Think I would regret getting a ceramic halogen.

Sarah