Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Kuettner[_2_] Michael Kuettner[_2_] is offline

Default ? recipe using mushrooms and dark chicken (please don't call them "schrooms")

"zxcvbob" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I've got a pound of button mushrooms that I bought on sale (for 50¢ per
> half-pound carton, I couldn't afford *not* to buy them.) And I'm thawing
> out a couple of chicken leg quarters. What's a good way to cook them?
> Without adding any bacon.
>
> Something cream based? Or tomato and red wine based? Maybe tomatoes
> *and* cream, and white wine? There's probably a classic dish that I'm
> overlooking. Thanks.

Well, use a little tiny cubed bacon.
Sear the legs together with the bacon. Remove from pot.
Insert chopped onion. Let it get glassy. Add the mushrooms and roast
a little until they stop losing too much water.
Deglace with white wine, add chicken again, add chopped
parsley (and maybe pressed garlic) and chicken stock.
Season with salt and pepper.
Let it simmer on low heat until chicken is done; add stock if needed.
Serve with baguette.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner