Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mike[_13_] Mike[_13_] is offline

Default Sour sourdough bread.

Hi everyone,

I use liquid sour (50/50 flour to water) to make my white bread. The sour
itself tastes as sour as hell, the dough is sour but the taste of the baked
bread is very neutral, very similar to ordinary commercial yeasted bread.

I use liquid sour since the stiff one is less sour than the liquid one,
hardly any acid in it.

At the same time some artesian bakery in my locality produce beautiful
sourdough breads with various degrees of sourness - from mild to a very
strong , San Francisco type. Any ideas about what is happening to my bread?
I have tryed a few different starters but to no avail.

Regards Michael