Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Eating at IKEA

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote

> I have an entertainment cabinet from Ikea that's unlike anything else I
> have seen. I bought it four years ago and its holding up well. I just
> wanted a black unit on wheels that could hold my stereo gear and a large
> screen TV. Ikea is the only store that had anything close to what I
> wanted, and at $300, it was very reasonable. I wanted something on
> wheels so I could easily pull it away from the wall to get at the back
> of my stereo components.

At any Lowes/Home Depot for like $20 you can buy four wheels that can
support up to like a ton that will fit onto any furniture. I bought the
fancy schmancy brushed nickle caster wheels for my entertainment center...
only needed a few minutes to install, with 16 screws and screwdriver. You
can also buy all kinds of wheels on line... a few years ago I became tired
of the chintzy plastic wheels on my computer chair that didn't roll very
smoothly, that would suddenly crack for no apparent reason, and also were so
narrow that they'd cut into my nice Rubbermaid desk chair pad... and even
though for free I became tired of getting the same cheap plastic
replacements when I called the chair company, plus it was a hassle havin gto
wait like two weeks for the one stinkin' wheel to arrive, and even though
bought the chair from Staples they don't honor the chair company warranty,
nor do they sell spare wheels... in fact I couldn't find desk chair casters
that would fit my chair or any typical computer chair sold at any store...
musta called a dozen commercial office furniture store, no luck. So I
contacted this web site by phone and they helped me choose the appropriate
large diameter, double-wide, twin wheel, steel bodied chair casters, five
nice heavy duty wheels including shipping for just under $30, and they
arrived in four days, perfect! If ever I change chairs, and I probably will
at some point, I will be sure to save these wheels for the next chair:
http://www.servicecaster.com/shepherd.htm