Posted to rec.food.cooking
sqwertz sqwertz is offline

Default Eating at IKEA

On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:54:00 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> A lot of their stuff is crap, but they do have some good stuff. I went
> there a few years ago to look for a stand of some sort for my TV.
> Everything in the stores around here was too small, and those that were
> large enough and had enough shelves for a TV, VCR, DVD. Stereo receiver
> and satellite receiver were megabucks. It also had to be low because
> the ceiling in the TV room is sloped. I found a nice one at IKEA, low
> enough to fit right up to the wall and allow for the ceiling slope and
> with enough surface area for the TV and speakers and with four shelves.
> best of all, it was only $75.

They sure as hell didn't have anything like like you describe for
$75 when I went there a year ago. And that's one thing I would have
sondiered. That and a single column dresser, all of which were too
narrow, to shallow, and had cheap slides. Even the floor models were
all borken in some way or another. Halfway decent plywood (not MDF
or PB) ones with veneer were $300-$400. But again, cheap
construction.

-sw