Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eating at IKEA

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> I love Ikea. I truly hate shopping, but Ikea is one of the few stores
> where I enjoy shopping. I have a lot of things from there. All but one
> of my lamps is from Ikea. My entertainment center is from Ikea, and so
> is my desk and my DVD cabinets. I also have a glass curio cabinet from
> Ikea, although I bought it used from a co-worker. My dishes and cutlery
> are Ikean too. Ikea's prices are so reasonable, plus I like the style of
> a lot of their products and I find the staff there to be polite and
> helpful and I rarely wait in lines to check out.

A lot of their stuff is crap, but they do have some good stuff. I went
there a few years ago to look for a stand of some sort for my TV.
Everything in the stores around here was too small, and those that were
large enough and had enough shelves for a TV, VCR, DVD. Stereo receiver
and satellite receiver were megabucks. It also had to be low because
the ceiling in the TV room is sloped. I found a nice one at IKEA, low
enough to fit right up to the wall and allow for the ceiling slope and
with enough surface area for the TV and speakers and with four shelves.
best of all, it was only $75.

I stock up on candles whenever I go there. They are a fraction of the
price of most candles and they burn a long time without dripping wax all
over.