Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tracy[_2_] Tracy[_2_] is offline

Default Eating at IKEA

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 2009 21:57:16 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 May 2009 22:28:17 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>> Nice! When I went to their cafe, it was for the swedish meatballs.
>>> After hearing about them for so long, I had to try them. They had
>>> some nice desserts, too.

>> I think Stouffers Swedish meatballs are significan't better than
>> Ikeas. Those being the only Sweedish meatballs I know, I was
>> unimpressed with Ikea. Not only the food, but the whole store.
>>

> You must live on another planet, Stevie.
>
> Maybe their larger products aren't the best quality, but you'll buy
> something. If you say you can keep a strangle hold onto your wallet
> and walk out without spending a single cent on your first or second
> trip to IKEA (no excuses about standing in line), either you're lying
> or you're not a real human being.

I was in Ikea recently. We were in the process of looking for a new
couch for my living room and there is a large furniture store next to
Ikea. It would have been such a waste to not at least check out Ikea
too, right? The DH and DS were DETERMINED to not let me buy anything. We
walked through the showroom fairly quickly and then proceeded to the
marketplace. The first thing I spotted was a package of pink straws. I
had to have those. Of course I needed them. The guys pretty much gave up
at that point.

Tracy
(I also picked up some cute little shot glasses, some tea towels and
some candles. I would have done much more damage without the two guys.)