Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default Eating at IKEA

In article >, Tracy >
wrote:

> hahabogus wrote:
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:bxpPl.21970$9S1.8726
> > @newsfe30.ams2 on May Fri 2009 pm
> >
> >> Nice! When I went to their cafe, it was for the swedish meatballs.
> >>

> > What! No longanberries?? (i mighta spelled that wrong).
> >

> You did. Lingonberries. Ikea serves meatballs with lingonberries. I like
> them on the once or twice a year I go to Ikea.

The Ikea on South Philadelphia, which looks out onto the Delaware River
has a nice cafeteria. On Thursday evenings, they have live jazz there
with the river as a backdrop. I love their Swedish meatballs with those
round steamed potatoes and lingonberry sauce. This Ikea cafeteria has a
small salad bar, so I usually get a cup of soup and a bowl of salad go
to with the swedish meatballs. The food there is great and its very
inexpensive. Hell, maybe I will go there today for lunch.