Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august[_3_] jt august[_3_] is offline

Default VitaMix Coupon for "Mother's Day Special" + FREE Shipping coupon

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> I'm probably the only detractor, but I hated mine and gave it away. I
> bought their most expensive top of the line model in the mid-1980s. I'm
> much happier with my vintage late 1960s Osterizer.

Wayne, I can assure you that you are not alone. I know 2 people who
also had one and didn't care for theirs. These are not for everyone, I
recognize that. BTW, them thar Osterizers are pretty darn good, too.
The vintage 60's and 70's models beat the late 80's and 90's units, and
the newer units (post 2k4) are back on track towards their heritage,
though I would take an antique as my first choice on that line. And
definitely one with a glass jar. Those plastic jars they went to for a
while need to be recycled for the betterment of all mankind.

jt