Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default engineering dirty rice

Friends were coming to hang out for the afternoon and dinner, bringing
their 10-year old boy. Among other things I served dirty rice. The
kid loved it and loved the name and then wanted to know more about
it. I explained chicken livers and gizzards but didn't have any more
to show him, so got on the net looking for recipes and pictures.
Found a good version and some small pictures, essentially the same as
mine, he
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/r...147/Dirty-Rice

This is a pretty well done cooking website, displaying a consistent
willingness to address hows and whys (techniques) as well as what
(recipes). Worth looking around. He uses a neat recipe format that I
haven't seen before, maybe he developed it. I can't describe it, just
take a look. -aem