Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default corn flour versus wheat flour

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 9 May 2009 18:59:12 -0600, "nefletch" > wrote:
> >
> >>Good evening all.
> >>
> >>We are having company soon, and they will be here for
> >>one week. I have just discovered that one person in the
> >>party is allergic to wheat, barley and rye. His biggest
> >>hurdle is wheat flour. He suggested corn flour instead of
> >>wheat flour. Is there any difference in cooking between
> >>the two? Anything I should do differently? I am a big
> >>fan of pancakes, and biscuits and gravy for breakfast,
> >>any simple recipes for these two using corn flower?
> >>Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
> >>

> > I'd just say "let's eat out". Sorry. I don't cater (and I don't do
> > kosher) either.
> >

> Eat out for every meal for a week?! That would get rather old (not to
> mention expensive).
>
> Jill

One could always learn to cook low carb and just forget flour of any
kind for a week. I'm a fan of breakfast meat and eggs for breakfast with
a small salad or a steamed veggie. I live that way.

Who needs pancakes or biscuits?

My cooking has gotten _far_ more creative since I've given up starch and
sugar for the most part. I also eat a greater variety.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.