Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Corning Ware

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> It's actually been that way for some time, and I *hate* the new
>>> handles. Anchor Hocking held out a lot longer with older loop handles,
>>> but even they have switched over to the new handle style. Damn them
>>> all.
>>>

>> Don't you agree that they feel unstable in your hand? Especially when
>> filled with a hot liquid?
>>
>> I think I'm going to have to go and keep an eye out for the older glass
>> liquid measuring cups with the loop handles. I feel a bit nostalgic
>> about the Cornflower Corning pattern as that is what my mother had for
>> all her years and I went to a local antiques store a while back and
>> found a bunch. Now I'm gonna get nostalgic over measuring cups.....!??
>>

> Check eBay for the measuring cups. I doubt seriously if you'll find them
> in a store. I prefer the Anchor Hocking over the Pyrex.
>
> My mother never collecting too many Corningware pieces, just a couple of
> casseroles, but they had multi-color flours on them.

I think we've got one left from our sixties collection. I use it in the
microwave and the oven but I have other pans and pots for the stove top.

Still have a couple of Anchor Hocking glass casseroles that must be
thirty or forty years old plus a Pyrex 2-cup measuring cup about that old.