Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Corning Ware

On Sat 09 May 2009 02:44:54p, Goomba told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>>> What's up with those new "classic" Pyrex glass measuring cups with the
>>> chincy little handle now? That open handle is small and more slippery
>>> in
>>> your hand then the older ones with a full closed handle.
>>>

>> It's actually been that way for some time, and I *hate* the new
>> handles. Anchor Hocking held out a lot longer with older loop handles,
>> but even they have switched over to the new handle style. Damn them
>> all.
>>

> Don't you agree that they feel unstable in your hand? Especially when
> filled with a hot liquid?
>
> I think I'm going to have to go and keep an eye out for the older glass
> liquid measuring cups with the loop handles. I feel a bit nostalgic
> about the Cornflower Corning pattern as that is what my mother had for
> all her years and I went to a local antiques store a while back and
> found a bunch. Now I'm gonna get nostalgic over measuring cups.....!??

Check eBay for the measuring cups. I doubt seriously if you'll find them
in a store. I prefer the Anchor Hocking over the Pyrex.

My mother never collecting too many Corningware pieces, just a couple of
casseroles, but they had multi-color flours on them.

--
Wayne Boatwright
I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a