pilgrim13

Default Are your gasser tanks being overfilled??

In addition to my Cimmaron smoaker, I have a Weber Gold-C for going on
a month now. After finishing up the old tank, I hooked up the filled
new tank that came with the grill. Within a minute, both the
regulator and hose frosted up. Let it warm up, hooked it up and
frosted again. Hooked up the now refilled old tank and works fine.
A call to Weber was informed the tank was overfilled. Purged,
refilled, same thing. The gizzer who filled it swore up and down, it
was not overfilled. Tare weight of the tank plus gas =40lbs.

Weber gave me the number to the manufacture of the tank. In
conversation with them, they informed me at 40lbs, the tank is
overfilled. The tank should weigh between 36 and 37lbs.

Placed on a bath scale and through bleeder screw got tank to around 36
and all's fine now.

Moral of the story is don't always *assume* the person filling your
tank has an accurate scale or knows how much to put in. If in doubt,
just weigh it and see.

Stan