Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aem_again@yahoo.com is offline

Default Nova Salmon snack

On Apr 30, 7:08*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> [snips]
> *All smoked salmon should be refrigerated, very necessary after a sealed
> package has been opened and opened salmon should be eaten within a day
> or two, in my firm opinion. I have never frozen smoked salmon and I
> don't want to try.

Friends and I brought back way more smoked salmon from a trip to
Alaska than we could eat or give away quickly. Packed in quart-size
ziploc bags, a lot of it was frozen. Slowly thawed weeks and months
later, it was fine.

Decades ago I would get packages of smoked salmon when I was away in
college. Occasionally there would be spots of mold on it when it
arrived. I'd cut that piece away and eat the rest. No problem.
(this was hot alder smoked, not lox or nova) -aem