Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aem_again@yahoo.com is offline

Default The Huntress Returns

On Apr 18, 10:40*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> The question is this: *Can I, or should I, be doing something with the
> bone that's going to come off each one? *I maybe should've trimmed the
> bone before I froze them. * Phooey! *Then I'd have six bones to do
> something with all at once. *But I didn't. *So, can I accumulate these
> bones over the summer and then "do something" with them when all the
> meat eating's been done? *Or should I just ditch the bone and be done
> with it?

I wouldn't. Grill them bone in and, after a suitable period of polite
eating, pick the steak up, gnaw the best bits off the bone. There's
more pleasure in that than in doing the ultimate frugality
business.

Homemade beef stock wants a variety of bones anyway, not just the
skinny little shards that you have. -aem