Old 18-04-2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Huntress Returns

On Apr 18, 10:40*am, Melba's Jammin'
wrote:

The question is this: *Can I, or should I, be doing something with the
bone that's going to come off each one? *I maybe should've trimmed the
bone before I froze them. * Phooey! *Then I'd have six bones to do
something with all at once. *But I didn't. *So, can I accumulate these
bones over the summer and then "do something" with them when all the
meat eating's been done? *Or should I just ditch the bone and be done
with it?

I wouldn't. Grill them bone in and, after a suitable period of polite
eating, pick the steak up, gnaw the best bits off the bone. There's
more pleasure in that than in doing the ultimate frugality
business.

Homemade beef stock wants a variety of bones anyway, not just the
skinny little shards that you have. -aem

Whaddaya think? *I await your counsel.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller- good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more

point of diminishing returns Joseph Coulter[_11_] Wine 5 28-11-2014 09:40 PM
An old vendor returns dogma_i Tea 5 03-03-2010 04:36 AM
The Huntress Returns Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 27 20-04-2009 04:59 PM
The virgin returns Ric Sourdough 4 03-02-2006 06:45 PM
Cocktail of the Week Returns ... David Berghouse General 4 20-05-2004 02:20 PM