Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Hey Christine!

sf wrote:

> that pot is crying out for chicken fricassee or bean soup. What would
> you make in it?

Earlier I wrote that it would be good for making candy or curries. For its
first use, I'd make nuoc mau (Vietnamese caramel sauce), spoon off and save
all but about a tablespoon, then add grated ginger and some water right into
the remaining sauce. Cook briefly, stirring to wash the sauce off the sides
and bottom of the pan. Add chunks of fish (any white fish would do, even
catfish or tilapia), cook about a minute, then add chopped green onions.
Remove from the heat and cover (which wilts the onions and finishes cooking
the fish), then serve with steamed jasmine rice.

Bob