Kevin S. Wilson

Default Do you leave the rub on?

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:57:24 GMT, "jm" >
wrote:

>I know this is a stupid question, but after the rub has been sitting on the
>meat overnight, or however long it is supposed to sit there, do you wash any
>of the rub off before you cook it or do you take it straight from the rub
>process to the grill?

The latter.

> I was thinking it would make the meat so salty you
>couldn't eat it, but hey, what do I know? (don't answer that last part, it
>is obvious I know nothing.) Thanks.

If you're concerned about over-saltiness, you probably have too much
salt in the rub to begin with. I've never had pork butt come out
over-salty (or over-anything) from the rub. Much of the rub is wicked
away by rendering fat, anyway.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho