Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] myhome@mts.net is offline

Default Need a quick sauce for pork chops

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:34:28 GMT, "brooklyn1"
> wrote:

>"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Phred wrote:
>>
>>> If you want a *really* quick "apple sauce" just keep one of those small
>>> jars of baby food pure apple goo handy so you can warm it when needed and
>>> splash it on the chops! (Of course you're at liberty to complicate that
>>> as much as you wish to if you have the time. :-)

>> I use small amounts of apple sauce in some recipes as sweetener or for the
>> pectin, like to hold ground meat together in stuffed cabbage so I don't
>> have to use rice or starch-based fillers. I buy the individual servings in
>> the little plastic cups. They last a long time in the pantry and they
>> usually are the perfect amount for my needs.
>>

>Apple Butter works much better... add some to caramelized sweet onions and
>thin with sauterne.

=== MAPLE-DIJON MARINADE ===

1/4 c Cider vinegar
2 tb Honey
2/3 c Maple syrup
1/2 c Dijon mustard
1/4 c Harissa sauce

To make the Maple-Dijon Marinade: Place the vinegar, honey, maple
syrup, mustard, and harissa in a small bowl, and mix to combine.
Store, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 2 weeks. (Makes
2 cups) In a large resealable plastic bag, combine marinade and pork
chops. Marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Heat a
charcoal or gas grill. Remove pork chops from bag, and discard
marinade. Grill pork chops over high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per
side or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees on an
instant-read thermometer.