Reg

Default Newbie Question

no-spam wrote:

> Whew..... what a relief. Thanks for being so nice.
>
> I have been looking through the news groups and I can truly say the BBQ'ers
> and the RV travel group are two of the most serious groups I have come
> across. And that is a compliment. With so much spam and the deletion of it
> taking up my time I can say I don't like it nor do I want to be accused of
> it. This group truly doesn't take any spam.
> About us - my husband loves to BBQ and I love to eat BBQ, He loves all meat
> and poultry and I only eat fish. A semi veg if you will. We wanted to have a
> site so I can stay at home and take in some foster children.
> About the site - www.barbecue-grill.com started because we love BBQ all year
> long. We live in the norteast but we want BBQ all year long. Being amateurs
> we wanted to get more serious and boy it is hard. So we want a site that has
> stuff for amateurs, tailgaters, BBQ party planners and the serious people
> like you. Remember I'm a amateur but I want to really get better and
> hopefully make a nice shopping center for serious people like yourselves and
> future BBQ'ers. I'm not making a drive by posting and will be back often to
> learn.

Overall, it's very good. I like the fact that there's a good
mix of images and text. It's not overloaded with graphics, which is
the usual mistake. It's quick to load and very navigable.

The only thing I might change is the text rollover effects. Color change
is fine, but changing the text size makes other screen elements shift
during rollover, especially on horizontal arrangements. That's very
distracting and it hurts readability.