Old 29-05-2004, 08:21 AM
no-spam

Default Newbie Question

I don't want to spam. Can I post my site for review? We need to know what
serious BBQ'ers are looking for.

Thanks in Advance
Belinda

Old 29-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 29 May 2004 03:21:28 -0400, "no-spam"
wrote:

I don't want to spam. Can I post my site for review? We need to know what
serious BBQ'ers are looking for.

What a thoughtful, considerate post. You must be new to Usenet.

I see nothing wrong with a post that introduces yourself to the group
and asks that we visit your site and then give you some feedback. Just
don't make it a drive-by posting, where you post once and we never
hear from you again.

I would welcome your ongoing contributions to the group, and wouldn't
mind a bit if your .signature contained a link to your site.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
Old 29-05-2004, 06:42 PM
no-spam

Whew..... what a relief. Thanks for being so nice.

I have been looking through the news groups and I can truly say the BBQ'ers
and the RV travel group are two of the most serious groups I have come
across. And that is a compliment. With so much spam and the deletion of it
taking up my time I can say I don't like it nor do I want to be accused of
it. This group truly doesn't take any spam.
About us - my husband loves to BBQ and I love to eat BBQ, He loves all meat
and poultry and I only eat fish. A semi veg if you will. We wanted to have a
site so I can stay at home and take in some foster children.
About the site - www.barbecue-grill.com started because we love BBQ all year
long. We live in the norteast but we want BBQ all year long. Being amateurs
we wanted to get more serious and boy it is hard. So we want a site that has
stuff for amateurs, tailgaters, BBQ party planners and the serious people
like you. Remember I'm a amateur but I want to really get better and
hopefully make a nice shopping center for serious people like yourselves and
future BBQ'ers. I'm not making a drive by posting and will be back often to
learn.

Again our site is www.barbecue-grill.com

Thanks again,
Belinda

Old 29-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Reg

no-spam wrote:

[...]

Overall, it's very good. I like the fact that there's a good
mix of images and text. It's not overloaded with graphics, which is
the usual mistake. It's quick to load and very navigable.

The only thing I might change is the text rollover effects. Color change
is fine, but changing the text size makes other screen elements shift
during rollover, especially on horizontal arrangements. That's very
distracting and it hurts readability.

Old 29-05-2004, 07:20 PM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"Reg" wrote in

Overall, it's very good.

Ya didn't even see my recipe?

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 29-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Reg

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

"Reg" wrote in

Overall, it's very good.

Ya didn't even see my recipe?

DOH! Sorry Fosco, I'm going back for another look.

looks again

Help me out here. I can't find any attribution for the
recipes. Which one is yours?

Old 29-05-2004, 10:24 PM
no-spam

Thanks, you all are great. And truthful. I talk to hubby about the rollover
thing. Is anyone else finding difficulty in readability? We welcome any
feed back.

Here in the Northeast (Philadelphia Area) barbecue sauce is on the thick
side. But I'm reading in the groups about some that are almost watery.
Remember I'm a newbie. As far as the recipes we would love to post any you
have, tips too! We can use your full name or initials what ever you decide.

Thanks again,
Belinda

Old 29-05-2004, 11:07 PM

"no-spam" wrote:
I don't want to spam. Can I post my site for review? We need to know
what serious BBQ'ers are looking for.

IMO. Read the FAQ. Post something on topic. Put your URL in yer sig line.
I think yer off to a good start.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

http://operationiraqichildren.org/
Old 29-05-2004, 11:12 PM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"no-spam" wrote

Here in the Northeast (Philadelphia Area) barbecue sauce is on the thick
side. But I'm reading in the groups about some that are almost watery.
Remember I'm a newbie. As far as the recipes we would love to post any you
have, tips too! We can use your full name or initials what ever you

decide.

FOSCO'S FAMOUS ALABAMA STYLE SAUCE
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1tbsp brown sugar
2tsp kosher salt
1/4tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
1/4 to 1/2 cup ketchup
1tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp ground mustard powder
worcestershire

Put it all in a Mason jar and shake it up really well. Allow to set for 15
minutes before using.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 29-05-2004, 11:13 PM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"Reg" wrote

Help me out here. I can't find any attribution for the
recipes. Which one is yours?

You have to go to the SUBMIT YOUR OWN RECIPE page. You'll be able to tell
which is mine.g

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 29-05-2004, 11:33 PM
F.G. Whitfurrows

wrote

How quickly the Hobbit seeks immortality!

Hee-yuk!

I posted a recipe on the website she linked to for FOSCO'S FAMOUS PULLED
PORK, too.
I'm goin' for the glory, baby!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 29-05-2004, 11:57 PM
BOB

no-spam wrote:

"Reg" wrote in message
F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

"Reg" wrote in

Overall, it's very good.

Ya didn't even see my recipe?

DOH! Sorry Fosco, I'm going back for another look.

looks again

Help me out here. I can't find any attribution for the
recipes. Which one is yours?

Thanks, you all are great. And truthful. I talk to hubby about the rollover
thing. Is anyone else finding difficulty in readability? We welcome any
feed back.

Here in the Northeast (Philadelphia Area) barbecue sauce is on the thick
side. But I'm reading in the groups about some that are almost watery.
Remember I'm a newbie. As far as the recipes we would love to post any you
have, tips too! We can use your full name or initials what ever you decide.

Thanks again,
Belinda

My opinion about sauces is that you can use a sauce to cover up mistakes made in
cooking the barbecue. Just use rubs and put the sauces on the side, on the
table for those that don't really like the taste of barbecue.

BOB

Old 30-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Reg

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:

You have to go to the SUBMIT YOUR OWN RECIPE page. You'll be able to tell
which is mine.g

Ah ha, found it. Fosco, you should take your recipes and your large body of
photographic work and put together a BBQ how-to website. It would
be great to see a few that aren't trying to sell stuff (just kidding
Belinda!)

Old 30-05-2004, 04:15 AM
Dana Myers

no-spam wrote:

Here in the Northeast (Philadelphia Area) barbecue sauce is on the thick
side. But I'm reading in the groups about some that are almost watery.

Well, I'm in the habit of offering sauce on the side, it's just
that the combination of a good rub, a good mop and good smoke
(which can be as simple as salt and pepper, apple juice and oil,
and oak lump, respectively) is so tasty that a sauce just interferes.

Cheers!
Dana

Newbie question Billi Preserving 3 06-09-2013 07:30 PM
Newbie Question Greg Horne Sourdough 11 04-01-2007 08:54 AM
Newbie question Marty Phee Winemaking 7 04-10-2005 04:42 PM
Newbie Question Doctor Evil Winemaking 4 10-09-2004 04:09 PM
Newbie Question Douglas Gaulin Winemaking 6 04-12-2003 07:48 PM