Posted to rec.food.cooking
Don Martinich Don Martinich is offline

Default Are there any of the oldtimers left?

In article
Michael Nielsen > wrote:

> > I do love good brussel sprouts. Your version sounds quite similar to
> > Thomas Keller's "Bouchon".

> Where is that? Where is a good restaurant to get a good steak? (none
> in Davis)

You might try Seasons at 1st and F Streets. They have a new chef who
seems competent. But, I haven't tried their steak. In Sacramento,
Morton's and Chops have good beef which I can attest to. You might head
down to Locke and try Al-the-Wop's. It has a unique ambience and the
steaks are not in Morton's class they are tasty and a lot cheaper.
Good luck-

Don in windy Davis, CA