offerfoodsaver offerfoodsaver is offline
Member

Location: china
Send a message via MSN to offerfoodsaver Send a message via Skype™ to offerfoodsaver
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecogary View Post
On Mar 20, 8:27*am, Jerry Bank wrote:

I have a FoodSaver and use it. I wonder whether the Ziplock bags you
mention can be used for sous vide cooking, since I like to do that with
the FoodSaver.
--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jerry,

I don't know if I would be that brave. I still use the Food Saver
bags for my 'sous vide'' cooking experiments.

I guess that writing Ziploc and asking would be helpful.

I notice that the new 'Steamable' type vegetable packages for the
microwave are made of a plastic that feels a little different from the
Ziplock. Maybe they have the problem solved about cooking in plastice
and Ziplock might follow suit.

Gary Hayman
Greenbelt, MD
Gary Hayman's Current WEB Pages
Nice to see so many friends to have the comments here .